Do you have an IP camera collecting dust because you don’t know how to connect it to a recording service? Or haven’t you bought a camera yet, because you think the services available don’t handle your privacy concerns? Then check out the latest version of Alarmhandler, version 2.7, that ships today.
Alarmhandler is a clever camera recording service that lets you turn inexpensive IP cameras into a virtual alarm system. With the Alarmhandler app, you control all cameras in your estate – no matter what make or model – with the push of the ON or OFF button. Something that anyone knows how to do! Other camera recording services are designed to do continious recording, but with Alarmhandler no images leave your home before you turn your alarm ON.
Simpler to get started
The signup flow has been simplified, so that you now just have to enter a few fields and you’re up and running with an account that you can connect your cameras to. Or if you’d like there is now also a demo account that you can use to see what the app is all about. We’ve disables a few controls in the app, but you’ll get at sense of what it does!
Available in more countries
Alarmhandler was initially launched in 18 countries about a month ago. In the app, we’ve built in guidelines for handling burglaries and fire events. The guidelines have been localized with relevant alarm numbers for the 18 countries. Based on several requests, we’ve decided to release the app in 50 countries. The guidelines have not adapted for all new countries yet, but we’ll do so for the countries with the most number of users in as soon as possible. The app clearly tells you if the guidelines are available for your country or not, when entering your address information.
Get free subscription for finding new users
Everyone gets to try Alarmhandler for free for one month before deciding to continue as a paying customer or not. We’ve seen that our paying customers also tell friends about the system. We’ve now made a simple reward system that works like this:
- If you tell a friend about the service, please inform him of your Alarmhandler account number. It’s visible on the invoice you receive after paying your subscription.
- If your friend becomes a paying Alarmhandler customer, you will get your current subscription prolonged with one month extra for free. So go spread the system 🙂
How to get started
To get started with camera surveillance and Alarmhandler:
- Get one or several IP cameras, connect them to your local wireless network
- Download Alarmhandler app, create an account
- Setup your cameras to connect to the Alarmhandler service. If you’ce got a D-Link 93X camera, we’ve got a wizard to help you. For other models, the setup is manual for now.
- Use the app to control your new virtual alarm
- Try out the system for 30 days, then decide if you want to continue by paying the first invoice.
- If you pay, we’ll send you some alarm labels for your doors or windows and also unlock additional neighbourhood watch functions in the system.
A couple of issues have also been fixed in the latest version, e.g. we’re now always sending out a notification mail the day we create the invoice for the upcoming subscription period. Scanning for cameras is more robust, and we’ve fixed a few bugs around quota usage and auto-removal of old recordings.
Next up is support to create additional estates (logical grouping of cameras) inside the app and switching between them and we’re also working on a smart watch app to view and control the alarm state. More on this later 🙂 And please send us your input to what you think we should look at in our roadmap!
The Alarmhandler Team