Most IP cameras can detect motion and send push notifications through an app provided by the camera producer. Some can also send mails with pictures. However, the camera producer apps have many shortcoming, here’s how Alarmhandler meets them:
- The app does not offer a simple and instant detection on/off button – and permanently turning notifications on is very tiresome, as you will get a ton of notifications when you’re at home. Many apps also have a substantial delay from when you turn notification/mails until the service stops sending you messages.
- The apps cannot handle different brands of cameras. It cannot turn monitoring ON/OFF nor receive recordings from more than one brand. Alarmhandler does this.
- The apps cannot group a number of cameras (for an entire estate) and turn all cameras ON/OFF at the same time. Alarmhandler does this.
- The apps only offer one user account for the cameras – multiple users cannot control detection etc. Alarmhandler does this.
- Most apps do not offer to store and replay recordings without a monthly fee. Alarmhandler stores recordings of events for up to 30 days for a fee lower fee – and at the same time offers the other advantages mentioned above.